Attorney James Allen has been with the firm since its founding in 1987.
From 1983 onward, he has been a fierce trial lawyer, having tried over 75 cases.
During his 30-year career, Jim has represented
businesses and government entities as well as individuals. He was hired by a city
as a special prosecutor to enforce criminal statutes and by a county to
defend it in an employment discrimination case. As plaintiffs’ counsel,
he has tried many cases involving toxic substances, both the contamination
of real estate and human exposure.
Jim has extensive experience in uninhabitable living conditions cases.
He has obtained several multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for
mobile home residents in cases against the mobile home park owners for failing to
maintain their park. As a result of his courtroom success, he is often
asked to testify for the legislature on bills that affect the mobile home
Jim received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Maryland where
he was listed in Who’s Who among Students in American Colleges and
Universities. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Puget
Sound School of Law. He has served on the Board of Directors for the Consumer
Attorneys of San Diego and has instructed new attorneys on the art of
trial for the San Diego Bar Association.
About Jim Allen
Areas of Practice:
- J.D., University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington, 1982
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, 1979
Honors and Awards:
- Listed among Top Ten Plaintiff Verdicts, LA Daily Journal (2014)
San Diego Super Lawyers (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Listed among Top Lawyers, San Diego magazine (2013 - 2017)
- Listed among Top Lawyers in Southern California, Los Angeles Times (2017)
- Named Outstanding Trial Lawyer, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (2001,
2008, 2015 and 2017)
- Consumer Attorney of the Year nominee, Consumer Attorneys of California (2017)
Member of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Jim Allen "Failure To Maintain Cases"
- Member – American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Served on Board of Directors, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego Bar Association