Skip to Content
Allen, Semelsberger & Kaelin LLP Allen, Semelsberger & Kaelin LLP
CALL TODAY! 888-998-2031

Who Regulates Mobile Home Parks in California?


In California, mobile homes are regulated by the Mobilehome Residency Law (MRL). Like other laws, the MRL is enforced by civil courts. If a park owner wishes to evict you from a mobile home park for nonpayment of rent or violating park rules, they must utilize the court. Similarly, you must bring legal action in civil court if you (as a manufactured homeowner) have a grievance against a park owner.

In some cases, the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) can help you find assistance for MRL-related complaints. State and Federal departments can handle some complaints, as well. In most situations, however, you will need an attorney to protect your rights and interests.

Have a Complaint? Here’s How to Get Started:

Beginning July 1, 2020, you can submit a complaint about an alleged violation to the HCD’s Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (MRLPP).

Before you do anything else, explore the MRLPP by calling (800) 952-8356, emailing, or visiting the HCD website.

Depending on the nature of your complaint, you may also want to contact one of the following state or federal departments:

In many situations, the MRLPP and other agencies cannot help you, or you may not see results quickly enough. If you are facing a serious violation of the MLR or need immediate assistance, you should speak to a mobile home attorney.

Hiring an Attorney

Mobile home park owners are responsible for maintaining the park and respecting resident rights. They must also abide by the MRL. If you have questions about your rights or the laws that regulate mobile homes in California, a mobile home lawyer can help.

Allen, Semelsberger & Kaelin LLP has been representing clients since 1987, and we have secured over $300 million for mobile homeowners over the years. Our team has extensive experience in the area of mobile home law.

From leaking sewer lines to hazardous electrical wiring, poor living conditions can decrease the value of your home and cause injuries and other sufferings.

We can help you recover compensation or get court-ordered property repairs and building restorations. We can also represent you in disputes involving overcharging, park closure and conversion, and real estate fraud.

When you fill out our mobile home questionnaire, call us at (888) 998-2031, or send us a message online, we can help you resolve disputes and stand up to your mobile home park owner. Our goal is to resolve your disputes and restore your quality of living, so call or click today!